Nobody Knows Me At All - The Weepies

Sunday, August 29, 2010

How Could The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Not Be True?

Today was my first day in the BYU 153rd Ward. Our first time meeting together, we had a fast and testimony meeting. I thought for sure it would be awkward and no one would want to share because nobody knows each other... but it was the complete opposite! The spirit was so strong. I sat in my green padded seat, listening to the testimony of our stake president, our bishop, and then peers. I am short, so I had a hard time finding a good view of the people at the front of the classroom. There was a constant flow of people going up to the pulpit, sharing their very own testimonies. My heart was pounding a million miles an hour. I didn't have anything in mind I wanted to say, but I knew I had to get up there. In what other church do you have such physical actions that don't calm until you share a message? The instant I finished my testimony and sat down, my heart relaxed and I was at peace once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment