Nobody Knows Me At All - The Weepies

Sunday, November 28, 2010

November 28th.

The day is here! It is the day of birth of Kami Rosen. Kami is the greatest! :) We always tease that her birthday is the pits. Before I knew her very well, I wrote in my journal "Today was Kami's birthday! I felt bad that it wasn't super fun.." But over the years, I have realized that the timing of your birthday doesn't matter because the same amount of people are still thinking about you. Where ever all her friends may be, they are thinking of her! This year I will not let the words go down in my journal that her birthday was not fun. Sometimes on your birthday all you need is the love of your family and the support and happiness brought from your friends.

This is my support for Kami...
I love Kami because she:
1. Truly loves and cares about people SO much. I can feel her love for me and I know she is there for me at all times.
2. Is trustworthy! Borrowed money? I know I'll get it back ;) Lies? Kami doesn't need lies. She likes the bluntly honest truth.
Regarding 90210: "WHY DO THEY LIE ALL THE TIME??? When are they going to realize that lying never works?!!?!? TELL THE TRUTH."
P.S. I love when we sit for a half an hour straight at times talking about TV shows as if they were our own lives :)
3. Tells me where to go in the car when I'm stressing out and am lost! Kami: "Ash, you just follow the purple line!!!"
4. Makes me laugh... SO HARD. Sometimes Kami gets in a very loud, some might say obnoxious, laugh, but that very same laugh can turn my frown upside down!
5. "Did you just say habitual? That's the thing you put in the newspaper for dead people."
" No Kami, that's an obituary."
Need I say more? :)
6. Shares a love for fashion with me. We can go up to Urban Outfitters and spend ALL DAY there. It is so much fun!
"Kami, I think I have a problem."
"I'll just say it... I KNOW I have a problem."
7. Tolerates my speedy, loud, sometimes not understandable talking. I talk a lot. And Kami is a great listener! When I go to her with a problem, she usually has something in her life that she can relate it to, and it helps a lot.
8. Is always up for something spontaneous! Bus rides on the UTA at 10 p.m... WHY NOT?
Hike the Y with flip-flops on and scale the mountain... WHY NOT?
Drive to Salt Lake for the day, neglect all forms of homework, and go shopping... WHY NOT? Go to the local Zurcher's, buy mustaches and bald caps, and have a photo-shoot... and later make them into magnets... WHY NOT?
Drive to Draper without a plan whatsoever and find things to do with our new friends... WHY NOT?
Have a mohawk for a night strictly because she just wanted to... WHY NOT?
Bored one night, so paint ourselves black and make a music video... WHY NOT?
And there are SO many more.
9. Shares my love of food and dessert. I love that Kami and I can go to just about any restaurant in Provo and know what meal we are getting to share. I think I made her fall in love with dessert TOO much... my bad... I didn't mean to put my problems upon her. Loving dessert TOO much to the extent of that is all you eat is DEFINITELY a problem.
10. Has a strong testimony! I love being around people that make me want to be better. Kami is one of those people! She is wholesome, loving, and on the straight and narrow path! I will never forget our week at EFY, summer before senior year. That testimony meeting is ingrained in my mind forever and always.

I LOVE YOU K!
Happy Day of Birth :)

2 comments:

  1. I AM IN TEARS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!
    I will always love the friend I found in you!
    love you Nursh. Thank you for making me feel so special

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete