Nobody Knows Me At All - The Weepies

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Craft Time.

Hello friends. I am back. I don't know how long this will last, but I'm going to give it a whirl.

The internet is some crazy stuff... I could just sit on my butt all day and do absolutely nothing, but be completely content and entertained while convincing myself that I am doing something productive. Like I said, crazy. There is this one website in particular... Maybe you've heard of it... The name is Pinterest.

I have this problem... You see, as I scroll down the page, my eyes cling to the pictures of things I desperately NEED, AKA can't live without. I don't know what qualifies something to be filed in the category of "need", but I can just feel it.

Most people have this problem in a completely different way than I do. They see a picture of something they LOVE and their first question is "where can I get this?" My weakness: DIY. Yes, I got that right... I did say DIY. For those who are craft-impaired this little acronym stands for Do It Yourself.

I see a tutorial online and from that moment on I turn into a predator searching for its prey. It's like a hunger that cannot be satisfied until it is complete.

I took a stab at two major projects this week. The thing with DIYs is you never really know if you're going to love the result. Having a love for crafts throughout my life, I have had my share of not so happy endings. But this week, I had two MAJOR successes. I may just be like one of those mom's who thinks EVERYTHING her child does is the cutest slash funniest, but I am not ashamed of that. What can I say, I am a proud mommy.


These glitter boots were first on the docket for craft Tuesday. I knew I needed some. The tutorial online was for simple ballet flats, but after an exciting trip to the D.I., I knew these boots were my only answer. If you know me, you know I already have about three of this same style of boot... but the good news is that I don't have a glitter pair. I went home and immediately began. I am happy to say that the boots did not turn stiff and are completely functional. Definitely a new favorite.

I got connected to an amazing fashion blog through Pinterest. I have been seeing a lot of things I like on fashion blogs lately, but there is one problem with fashion blogs... want to know it? They don't tell you WHERE the featured item is from. I could search my entire life and never find this heaven-sent necklace. After much inner debating, my inherent DIY self won. I gathered all the supplies I needed and went to town. My version is a lot less fluffy and intricate, but very wearable, happy, and fun. Did I just say happy? Well it is... I mean, it makes me happy.



1 comment:

  1. WHY do I not have any fashion/crafty genes? You got them all. BLAH>

    ReplyDelete