Nobody Knows Me At All - The Weepies

Friday, July 22, 2011

It's just that time...

Garage Sale. Yard Sale. Call it whatever you want...

Erica and I have spent our entire summer cleaning out our parents' house, and today we got a taste of the real life of an avid garage sale goer.

I don't know how these people do it. Honestly.

We advertised for our massive garage sale through many modems: Facebook, KSL, Newspaper, and the trusty old signs. Through every advertisement, we put the same time on ALL of them... It starts at 8 a.m. But guess what? That doesn't stop an avid garage sale goer. What time did they arrive? Oh just 6:30 a.m... while we were still trying to set up our items. I have some advice... If you choose to disregard the signs and come at whatever time you please, at least do us the courtesy of peacefully browsing through the items and seeing what's available instead of asking us prices of items that WOULD have signs and prices marked if they would just come at the RIGHT TIME. I already woke up at 5:45 this morning... I'm not going to make it 4:00 a.m. so you can come two hours early and it will all be set out. That's not how the game works.

An avid garage sale goer also decides our already basically nothing prices are too high and bargains to half the price. Not only are the things we are selling nice, but we also deserve a little money for the hard work... Throwing a garage sale is NOT EASY. Not easy. I learned something new about myself today... I do not have the personality to sit and bargain with customers... Just take it for whatever you want and GO AWAY!!! I'll deal with the next customer, thank you very much.

I especially love the people that come and cannot resist the absolute junk. And by junk I mean stuff I would be tempted to throw away. We all know there are these type of people out there... and they make the world go round. Kudos to you.

Today we had a man willing to pay "big money" for any real gold jewelry. He flashed us his fat wad of 20's just to prove to us that he was serious. Normally I would just laugh at this guy, but secretly I was wishing we had some gold to sell...

I saw a man with a winged mustache... Did I want to adopt him as my grandpa? Yes, of course.

Was the garage sale worth it? Yes.

Can't wait for round 2 tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. FINALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh. finally finally finally finally. i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny. garage sales are the best for many reasons.

    ReplyDelete