Nobody Knows Me At All - The Weepies

Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm Going Ape.

Guess what ya'll??? I'm a nerd. Or at least that's what my brother, John, classified me as the second I stepped into the midnight showing of The Rise of the Planet of the Apes. But if that's nerdiness... BRING IT ON. That movie is amazing. If you've ever been to a midnight showing, you know you always worry about possibly falling asleep and fighting it the whole time. That was me tonight... worrying about the possibility. I had no reason to be such a worry wart.... because I was completely awake and attentive the entire time. Want to know why? I'll tell you.

1. I was utterly amazed at how a movie could make you fall in love with a chimp and care about it as you would a person. As my dad would say, "Who needs actors anymore? You can feel the same thing for a computerized animal."

2. The profound idea of apes literally taking over the planet flooded my brain. What if... what if... what if...

3. I went home wanting a chimpanzee as a pet... Preferably one with the name Caesar. I told my daddy and he told me wild tales about chimps ripping their owners faces off. Way to put a downer on that idea.

4. The storyline is captivating and actually explains how the apes got in a position to take over the world... Good thing hollywood is now answering that 43 year old question.

5. James Franco is beautiful.

2 comments: